Exciting Events in Melbourne and Victoria
The state of Victoria presents a wide range of exciting coastal, cultural, and wildlife encounters all within reach of its capital city Melbourne.
Picture perfect experiences such as the 12 Apostles coastal drive, the Phillip Island Fairy Penguins and countless mineral springs throughout the state are sure to impress locals as well as interstate and international guests all year round.
It is easy to see why The Economist Magazine has named Melbourne the ‘most livable city in the world’ several times.
Melbourne’s art lovers will tell you that their city is Australia’s artistic capital. The city’s foodies will tell that it is Australia’s restaurant capital. And Melbourne’s sports lovers will tell you that Melbourne is not only the sporting capital of Australia, but of the entire world! Be sure to explore Melbourne’s world class art galleries, its hidden laneways and its famous culinary institutions. And no Melbourne experience is complete without attending a sporting event such as the Australian Open, Formula 1 Grand Prix, Spring Racing Carnival, a game of Rugby or AFL Football.
We’ve picked out some of our favourite events in Melbourne for the early months of 2020.
- Australian Open of Tennis: January 20th – February 2nd. ausopen.com
- Laneway Festival: February 8th. lanewayfestival.com/melbourne
- St Kilda Festival: February 9th. stkildafestival.com.au
- Moonlight Cinema in the Botanic Gardens: Now – March 29th. moonlight.com.au
- Formula 1 Grand Prix at Albert Park: March 13th – 15th. grandprix.com.au
- Melbourne Food and Wine Festival: March 19th – 29th. melbournefoodandwine.com.au
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival: March 25th – April 19th. comedyfestival.com.au